If you’re looking for a stable MCL knee brace, chances are you’ve been diagnosed with MCL (medial collateral ligament) damage.
The MCL is an inner stretch of tissue that runs along the inside edge of the knee – it’s what connects your thighbone to your shin and helps keep the knee stable as you move around in a normal fashion.
Injuring your MCL can be painful and frustrating. This is especially so when it interrupts your active lifestyle (and it will).
Thankfully, a solution is here. All you have to do is strap Vive Hinged Knee Brace With Adjustable Open Patella Support on and let it do what it was designed to do.
Best Knee Brace For MCL and Meniscus Injuries
If you’re looking for a quality knee brace for MCL and/or meniscus damage – we recommend this hinged knee brace by Vive.
It’s clearly one of the better ones we uncovered for tender MCL injuries as well as swollen
- knee anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)
- knee tendon
- knee ligament and
- knee meniscus injuries
The Vive Hinged Knee Brace With Adjustable Open Patella Support is made of flexible material with a lightweight but strong aluminum support hinge. It’s got extra strength fasteners and features an open patella design – for maximum comfort and stability. Universal sizing is another bonus feature that we appreciate.
And it’s available in three different colors – beige, gray and black.
If you’ve injured your knee or are feeling the effects of arthritis, this hinged MCL knee brace by Vive may be just the solution you’re looking for. Fasteners are strong and the brace is fully adjustable. Therefore, you can customize it to suit and use it on either leg.
Aluminum hinges support the brace and reduce lateral movement of the knee. It’s this reduced movement that helps many existing injuries and reduces the risk of you re-injuring yourself. Definitely something anyone suffering from an MCL injury could benefit from.
Highly Rated MCL Knee Brace
But what may be most important to you is what others – (specifically, past buyers) have to say about the device.
Not surprisingly, the Vive MCL knee brace gets high praise from customers who have collectively given it an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 possible stars. That’s an indication of a quality product that delivers satisfaction – especially when you consider that this rating is from well over 1150 actual customer responses.
Arrange It To Suit
This design features hinges on both sides of the knee for added support.
But if you need less support and find that these hinges get in the way – they are removable. You’ll naturally have less support. But this may be desirable at some point in your injury rehab and recovery. Having the extra support firmly in place is best for most new MCL injuries.
The Vive MCL knee brace helps boost medial and lateral stability.
It aids in the recovery of a range of knee injuries and helps reduce further injuries as well. It’s also useful for strains, sprains and unstable knees. This compression brace supports injured joints, muscles, ligaments and tendons.
It’s a helpful and supportive brace for various injuries to the knee area.
The Vive knee brace is constructed of neoprene material which is both lightweight and breathable.
So it’s ideal for those you like to exercise daily and need the added knee support a well made brace provides. It also comes with a 60 day guarantee. So you can buy with confidence and have the ability to get a complete refund if the product delivers less than a satisfactory experience – an unlikely scenario.
Straps provided are long enough to fit virtually any leg. If you’ve got particularly skinny legs, you can always trim off any excess strap length.
Set It and Forget It
Extra strength fasteners help eliminate the need to constantly readjust your knee brace for comfort.
But exactly how useful it is through vigorous exercise (as part of your healing process) is really dependent on the degree and severity of your knee injury. Some buyers can run 10 miles with Vive Hinged Knee Brace With Adjustable Open Patella Support on with no issues, other than very minor irritation.
But your mileage may vary.
Easy To Put On and Remove
This knee brace is convenient to use.
It’s easy to put on and take off. So it’s particularly useful for those who like the added support they get while walking or going upstairs, but don’t require the knee brace for longer durations.
Fit It Properly For Maximum Benefit
It’s important as with any need brace to adjust the straps until they’re comfortable for you. First, center the opening of the Vive Hinged Knee Brace With Adjustable Open Patella Support over your kneecap. Then secure the straps – one of the time.
Some people find it easier to connect the smaller straps behind the knee first. With the hinges in place this brace is flexible enough for most people to go hiking. If not, the hinges are removable should you need greater freedom of movement, like while cycling.
But it really depends on the state of your injury and where you are in the healing process.
Braces and Sleeves
A lot of buyers preferred this kind of strap on need brace to the slip on types which have a tendency to slip down the leg. Vive designed it to be a universal fit, so it should fit most people.
For some who’ve suffered an medial collateral ligament (MCL) injury, regular sleeve-type braces don’t seem strong enough to support their damaged knees. But every situation is different so nobody can guarantee the effective of this or any other knee brace.
A knee brace won’t cure a damaged knee any more than a cast cures a broken bone. What a good brace does is support the injured knee while alleviating pain and facilitating the natural healing process. The brace provides support and stabilization, which then allows nature to take its course.
Your MCL injury may require surgery.
Good news is that a lot of MCL injuries can also heal naturally without surgery, especially if they’re mild. You may choose to allow your MCL to heal naturally and that’s when using this brace can really help.
Wear It On The Skin or Over Clothes
Some users recommend wearing soft, flexible material underneath the brace because parts of the brace can cause friction on the skin, as it can with any device. But for most people, directly applying the brace to the skin works just fine.
The Vive Hinged Knee Brace With Adjustable Open Patella Support offers two big advantages:
- One: it stays in place providing much wanted stability and support.
- Two: the brace holds the knee in the correct position, so you cannot move sideways in a way that could cause pain and further damage.
- Ideal brace for active people who have an MCL injury
- Lightweight aluminum hinges provide excellent support, reducing lateral movement of the need and protecting it
- Good stability and protection during sports
- Hinges are removable making this an excellent brace for biking, hiking, elliptical training, etc.
This wrap style brace is more versatile than a slip on sleeve (that’s because with this brace you control how tight you want to wrap your knee and tighter makes it feel more secure)
- Universal fit so it can accommodate most people
- Much more effective than a knee sleeve for anyone with an MCL injury
- Provides support as you heal by taking some of the weight and stress off the injured knee
- If you’ve got thinner than normal legs, you can trim off any extra material for a more comfortable fit
- Provides good stability and comfort in the knee joint at a fraction of what it would cost to have a brace supplied directly from your Orthopedist or Physical Therapist
- Comfortable to wear even in hot temperatures
- Provides enough support in the knee that a previously required cane may be unnecessary
- Gives one a sense of security and assurance when walking (you’ll feel confident that your knees won’t give out or cause significant pain
- Stays in place thanks to the straps provided
- Easy to put on and take off (Plus, you can adjust this brace and align it so it does not irritate an aggravated kneecap)
- Provide strong support whether you are sitting, standing, or bending
- Lowers pain when walking – especially downhill
- Mobility is much improved with this brace getting up-and-down from a chair, or in and out of the car is much easier (Helps you go from taking one small step at a time to climbing stairs in a normal manner)
- Delivers an immediate reduction in the pain caused by an MCL tear
- Too bulky to wear for yoga or Pilates
Some users would have preferred more tension in the hinge
- A little bulky due to the side braces that are necessary for limiting lateral movement, but also removable
- Difficult for some to put on without pinching the skin behind the knee
- Like most braces, the Velcro on this one can lose its grip quickly if you pull the Velcro too forcefully
- You have to wear the brace fairly tight in order to minimize lateral movement
- Hinges on the side lack enough padding around them, so they can press into the skin and cause irritation and bruising
- Can take some time to carefully adjust the brace to get it right with a new knee injury
If you’re looking for a reliable MCL knee brace – the Vive Hinged Knee Brace With Adjustable Open Patella Support is your best bet.
It provides a notable degree of stability and security.
And it gives you the confidence to move without fear of damaging your knee further, or having your knee buckle underneath you. Most people can comfortably wear this brace while standing, sitting, or bending and they can feel the support that’s there protecting their damage knee.
If you want relief and support – this knee brace is the way to go.